Instead of fruit, I was ready for a change: this one was fabulous --- still sweet but with a herby note. A smoothie with almond milk, vanilla yogurt, a carrot, a piece of ginger, fresh mint and parsley and cilantro.
Carrot Mint Smoothie
- 1 carrot, peeled cut into large chunks
- 1 stem of mint with about 12 mint leaves
- a spring of cilantro and parsley each
- 1 in of a ginger root, fresh, peeled, and cut up
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla flavored yogurt
- 5-6 ice cubes
- sweetener to taste.
Add all ingredients to a blender, blend and serve!